Wednesday, May 21, 2008

home-body

I'm sure I've always known this, but I recently discovered something about myself. It's funny because I was having a conversation with one of my good friends about getting older and expressed how eager I am to age. Not like I want my life to fly by, but more like I look forward to the years ahead because I firmly believe that with age comes wisdom, lifes experiences and I think we generally get better as we get older. We had a good laugh about this and then I proceeded to further explain that I look forward to my 30's, I think my life will be a (hopefully) a lot calmer, more settled, and have much more accomplished than now ... I've been kind of a late bloomer when it comes to finishing school and committing to a career. I also look forward to retirement age - there's nothing more thrilling to me than to imagine the days when I have several years of hard work, children raised and I can sit on a porch swing or something with my spouse and just relax.

All of this made me come to the conclusion that basically, I am quite the home-body. Don't get me wrong; I get a thrill out of getting all gussied up and going out for a night on the town from time to time. But more often than not, I eagerly await the nights when life slows down and I can just RELAX in my sweats and watch the sun set, or a movie or just listen to music and meditate.

1 comment:

Las Lunas said...

I like the new layout, very posh!!