Sunday, November 29, 2009

UNESCO World Heritage

Now that I have the travel bug in my system (and am taking global geography), I am becoming obsessed with the world! I am increasingly more interested in traveling and seeing and experiencing different civilizations and landmarks. Anyway, I stumbled upon this website for UNESCO, they have organized a "list" - it includes 890 properties forming part of the cultural and natural heritage which the World Heritage Committee considers as having outstanding universal value. These include 689 cultural, 176 natural and 25 mixed properties in 148 States Parties. As of April 2009, 186 States Parties have ratified the World Heritage Convention. I'm turning in to a nerd, I can just feel it. But if you have a minute, check it out! They are listed by country and in my opinion it's a good way to form a list of what to see on your next trip, I saw several of these sights on my last trip to Europe.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list

No comments: