I opened my window to let in some of this beautiful California sunshine. Then I went about my business of filing bills, balancing my check book, and sorting through some papers when all of a sudden I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was still, completely still, but I couldn't quite tell what it was. Once I got a closer look, I realized it was some thing of the lizard variety! There she was, just hanging out underneath a folder full of papers (probably thinking it could be her new home since Whitney tore out our front yard planter - right outside my window).
Needless to say, I panicked. And I am not wimpy by any means, but this just really freaked me out. I ran in the other room and tried to remain calm while basically FORCING Whitney to come and catch the thing that was in my room (she loves creatures great & small). We set up quite the trap and barricade and it took some coaxing ... but eventually we got her in to a jar. We (and by we, I really mean Whitney) set her free in her own NATURAL habitat. The moral of the story is ... don't leave your window open when there are creatures lurking who have recently become homeless. OR get a new screen. Either way, we got to meet Sally the Salamander (though I really have no idea what a salamander is or if in fact she was a girl, but in my head it's the truth). 

2 comments:
That is creepy. Props to windsong...a.k.a. creature catcher.
EEEWWWW!! I seriously hate lizards, salamanders, whatever has a tail and is low to the ground, yuck! Good job for not killing it, I would have freaked out. I remember one time Dana and I were cleaning out our room in Whittier and I pulled up my bed skirt and staring me in the face was a lizard, I screamed and freaked out! It ran away and who knows where it went! Hope you're doing good, sorry I missed you guys! We'll be seeing you in about a month for Brandon's wedding. Ryan and I and the kids will be coming out for a few days to enjoy the Cali weather and see everyone!! YAY!!! :)
Post a Comment