Monday, February 8, 2010

gospel doctrine

I started going to a new singles ward (church congregation of young single adults) back in November. I was a bit surprised that they didn't immediately put me in a calling - but each time I saw the bishop he assured me that one was on the way. 2 weeks ago they asked me to be the new ward Gospel Doctrine teacher. That is the last calling I would have preferred - I just don't feel comfortable teaching, especially when I am the new kid. But I have had a feeling since I started attending this ward that that is what they were going to call me to. Anyway, last Sunday I taught my first lesson. I was crazy nervous and just generally apprehensive. I pulled through, and it was not half as bad as I thought. I think that the first time was the hardest, because I already feel less intimidated to teach my next lesson.

On a fun note, Ashlyn came over and spent the night over the weekend and her and Kate mostly had a fun time (they have somewhat of a love/hate relationship). But they have matching owl pajamas and were so excited to be twins.













Listening intently while Grammy read them a story.











They INSISTED (well, Kate insisted) on sitting in this laundry basket together.

1 comment:

Vehars said...

Congrats on the lesson! I'm with you on that being my least desired calling. Right next to teaching Relief Society. But I'm sure you're a wonderful teacher.