Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Santa Monica mountains

I got this neat book from the library which features like 50 day hikes in the LA area. Last week I tried a few of them that were up in the Santa Monica mountains and they were SO neat. Once again, I was reminded of how many cool things there are to do in Los Angeles. First, we hiked several miles up to a turn of the century house carved in to stone...
We continued further on that trail to find an abandoned classic Dodge truck, all rusted with plants growing out of it...
Along the way, we crossed some wooden bridges, which I realize are nothing spectacular, but I love bridges and wish there were many more in the world...
We also saw a few little waterfalls...
 Next we headed over to the old Paramount Ranch and spent some time in Western town. It's an old fake town that has been used in many movie and tv sets. Pretty awesome...

1 comment:

Vehars said...

How fun, you're inspiring me to find a book like that for CO. Something fun and semi-free to do this summer.