Update on my big, important interview yesterday -
It was for Skywest airlines, a flight attendant position. Many of you know that I have been wanting to join the airline industry for years now. I have been offered a job on two different occasions by two different airlines but for one reason or another was not ready to make that life change. Now, however, feels like just the right time! I lasted about 6 hours at the interview site. It was a group interview, held in the ballroom of a hotel near the airport, broken up in to 3 groups. I don't think they prepared for such a large crowd - anyone who filled out an application and was invited to an interview could attend. They went through a process and slowly filtered out applicants - and by the end of the night only hired about 18 people from our group of 307 (and over 50% of them were already flight attendants)! I was not selected. But by the end of the night, I was feeling so lousy I wanted nothing more than to go home and get in my bed. Perhaps it's because I felt so awful, or that I had a strong feeling the majority of the night that although I felt like the timing and venture were right for me, it just wasn't supposed to happen. Either way, I am totally fine with the outcome, this just tells me that I need to be here right now and continue on with other plans. I have been contemplating doing a semester abroad (but wouldn't have been able to had I gotten that job), so now I am going to apply spring semester '11 in Berlin. I am confident that someday soon I will look back at this and put the pieces together and see that it was no coincidence that I was offered the job when I didn't want it and couldn't get the job when I did. Everything happens for a reason.
On another note, I took a healthy dose of Nyquil and slept about 10 hours last night and woke up feeling congested but SO much better. It's amazing how the human body works, how important sleep and food and water are and the way it heals itself.
And one other note, my one real goal in 2010 is to capture and document my life more - which means more blogging, more photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment