As you begin to pay attention to your own stories and what they say about you, you will enter into the exciting process of becoming, as you should be, the author of your own life, the creator of your own possibilities. Mandy Aftel
Sunday, January 10, 2010
ode to Marge
As I predicted would be the case, the first week or so of 2010 has been all about changes, reorganization, re-prioritization, and letting go. And today was a milestone day for me. As many of you know, I have grown quite attached to my car who I affectionately named Marge a few years ago. Well she has been sitting in my driveway for a while now - my mechanic replaced the fuel line, pump, filter, sensor, etc. but nothing worked. After nearly 2 days of trying to determine her illness, he finally told me I'd need to take it in to a place that can run the "check engine" diagnostic. After having replaced just about every major thing on that car already, I thought long and hard and decided I'd just give her up. That was early last summer. I don't know why but I have had the hardest time dealing with giving her up, and deciding what to do with a car that is not running. Since this year is all about changes, I made some calls and decided on selling her to the local Pick-A-Part (which by the way would recommend to anyone who has an out of commission car collecting dust, they were friendly, helpful and efficient). So needless to say, my mom and I cleaned her out yesterday and they came and towed her away this morning. It sounds cheesy, but that was a sad little end to many chapters in my life that involved Marge. She moved with me to Utah, back to California - Hermosa Beach, Torrance, then back home - she was with me through like 7 different jobs. It was so hard to say goodbye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Amber....as I read your blogs and listen to the music you posted I am brought back to a time in our lives when i would do this exact thing but with a red Hello Kitty diary. I love reading your writing because i feel something very beautiful and real comes through when you write. Keep it coming!!! Im glad that over 20 years later we are still "connected". From the wall of Caraway Dr. to cyber space...I love our talks and cant wait to continue them this summer!
Take care!
RIP Marge - We had a lot of good times with you!!!
Post a Comment